Monday 14 October 2013

Tear and Share Bread.

We were talking the other night about how I use to chance the name of some food to get my younger son to eat it. One of the things was tear and share bread I use to buy in my local supermarket. It had tomato and cheese on it and  I told my son it was pizza bread. They don't sell it anymore and I don't have to tell fibs to get him to eat. I decided to make my own version of it to go with dinner this evening
I gathered up a few things. 

I used the recipe  on the back of the Tesco yeast box as I know it make a very nice bread and you only need to prove the dough once.
When the dough was made I just pulled off chunks and put them into the tin. I then added dollops of the sundried tomato paste.
I covered the tin a left it aside for about an hour, until, it had doubled.
The oven was preheated to Fan 200C and the bread was baked for 20 minutes. I removed it from the oven and scattered cheese over it and returned it to the oven for 10 minutes.
Cool slightly and serve.
Best eaten by pulling apart by many hands around the table.
It was a total sucess.

6 comments:

  1. That looks so good and yes, you're right they don't seem to sell it anymore x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you can get a garlic bread version but it is not as nice.

      Delete
  2. Dear cookie
    That looks amazing and delicious. I'm not at all surprised that it was such a success!
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellie.
      I was very pleased with the way it turned out.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow that looks so gorgeous, will have to try it out here, thank you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl.
      I hope you do give it a try. It was a big hit here.

      Delete